As we head into summer, our Oaxaca coast flight schedule changes to adapt to the new season. It is still easy and convenient to get to Huatulco and Puerto Escondido. Check out the details for the coming months below!
How to get to the Oaxaca Coast by Plane
From the U.S. and Canada, you can take a direct flight to Huatulco during winter months from several U.S. and Canadian cities. These flights generally end in April and May. American Airlines continues with a direct flight in summer.
Otherwise, convenient connecting flights run mainly through Mexico City (MEX) to Huatulco (HUX) and Puerto Escondido (PXM). By flying into Mexico City, you can take one of several daily flights. Some of the flights listed below do not show up through flight search engines like Expedia. It is easiest to check directly with the airlines.
Direct Flights to Huatulco from the U.S. and Canada
- American Airlines offers direct flights from Dallas Fort Worth to Huatulco on Saturdays starting in June.
- Volaris may add its Chicago to Huatulco flight back into the summer schedule.
Three major American carriers (American Airlines, Delta and United) have daily flights to the Mexico City airport (MEX), from major US cities like but not only New York, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Miami, LA, San Francisco etc. From Canada, you will also find these carriers plus Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge and Aeromexico.
Connecting Flights to Huatulco and Puerto Escondido
- Aeromexico has 3 daily flights from Mexico City into Huatulco and 2 daily flights into Puerto Escondido. Aeromexico flies direct to Mexico City from Atlanta, Austin, Calgary, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fresno, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Montreal, New York, Orlando, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver. Aeromexico partners with Delta.
- VivaAerobus flies directly from Mexico City to Huatulco once a day and has 3 daily flights to Puerto Escondido. Direct flights from the States to Mexico City from Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, San Antonio and San Diego via CBX (Cross Border Express.)
Viva also flies direct to Huatulco from Monterrey Thursdays and Sundays.
- Volaris flies directly to Huatulco and Puerto Escondido from Mexico City. Volaris also flies direct to Huatulco from Tijuana 4 days a week on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays linking via CBX (Cross Border Express) to San Diego.
Volaris provides connections to several U.S. cities from Mexico City. From Mexico City, Volaris serves Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Oakland and San Diego via CBX.
Volaris flies to Puerto Escondido from MEX 2 to 3 times a day and from Guadalajara (GDL) 3 times a week.
- Magnicharters flies to Huatulco from Mexico City 2 days a week. (Thursday and Sunday)
Fly to Puerto Escondido and Huatulco from Oaxaca
- Aerotoucan flies daily to both Huatulco and Puerto Escondido from Oaxaca.
Rental cars can be found in Puerto Escondido at the airport from Hertz and a couple of local agencies as well as in the city center at Europcar and others. Cars rentals can be arranged at the Huatulco airport from Avis, Hertz, Europcar and Los Tres Reyes.
The center of Huatulco and Puerto Escondido can be accessed via Highway 200 that links Acapulco to Huatulco.
Taxis can be taken from both airports. Airport taxis are available, or you can walk approximately 150 meters out of either airport to the main highway and take a local taxi.
From Huatulco, there is scheduled bus service to/from Puerto Escondido and there are also airport transporters in Puerto Escondido who take clients to/from Huatulco.
Experience the Oaxaca Coast in the Summer. There are a whole lot of things to do and you will get to see the greener side of the coast! We hope you’ll join us for a relaxing break and the vacation of your dreams!